The lockdown has brought about huge changes in the way people consume products. For example, ordering in essentials, food, etc. has become the norm - rather than going out. With interaction becoming mainly virtual, the role of apps in people’s lives has never been more important.
Therefore app based businesses have to revolutionize their interaction with audiences, and move towards smarter ways of understanding and engaging app users.
Here’s a step by step breakdown of what’s needed to create the best app marketing strategy:
STEP 1: Collect deterministic data on the kind of media app users consume:
Brands can thoroughly profile what their app users watch on TV, and accordingly place their ads on the most impactful channels and time-slots.
For example, would you rather advertise on a reality TV show or a sports league? You can decide what kind of impact properties to advertise on depending on what your app users actually watch!
This profiling can be done for specific cohorts or user segments based on app user behaviour or purchase patterns (example: premium buyers, frequent shoppers, lapsers), demographics, geo-locations and even by exposure to competitor TV ads.
We report the TV viewing habits of your app users such as
- Top channels
- Shows watched
- Show theme
- Likely interests such as actors, characters, events, etc.
Watch this video to understand how to create effective media plans using app user insights.
How does this help?
- Media plan becomes more focused since it is based on accurate TV consumption of your actual app users
- Includes new and high reach channels based on deterministic TV viewership insights
- Helps win Share-of-Voice (SoV) over competition due to high guarantee of viewership
STEP 2: Monitor the impact of campaigns in real-time:
The viewership of TV campaigns can be monitored specifically among app-user segments based on geography, channels, genres, affluences levels (depending on price of mobile handsets) and time-slots.
All of this can be done in near real-time and you don’t have to wait for several days to get a full report of how your TV commercials performed. Zapr gives you real-time analytics that no other measurement system can provide:
How this helps:
- Fine tune your campaign with daily level data of your campaign performance
- Complement your TV plan with localised promotions to achieve more reach and recall
Step 3: Get solid results on the impact of their campaigns:
A brand can deterministically attribute every TV ad exposure to app installs and any actions taken such as purchase, add-to-cart, etc.
There are three types of insights that a brand can get from the attribution report:
- Performance insights: Get attribution for specific digital metrics such as app installs or purchases performed when exposed to TV commercials on different channels, shows, genres and time bands (eg: 8 PM - 9 PM).
- Geographical insights: Understand TVC performance at state, socio-cultural region, city and hyperlocal levels vis-a-vis the specified digital metrics.
- Ad creative insights: Analyze which TV ad creative or language edit gave the best digital results, done at an ad-spot level.
How this helps:
- Get end of the funnel assessment and measure ROI for each campaign
- Plan your next campaign using the TV viewership insights of specific user cohort whom you want to engage
Download this free ebook to understand everything you need to know about Convex.